MERCon 2023 Special Session on 'Electric Mobility': Embracing and Exploring the Advances in Electric Mobility
Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference 2023 (MERCon 2023) is the 9th International Conference organized by the Engineering Research Unit, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka to be held from the 9th to 11th November 2023. The special session ''Electric Mobility': Embracing and Exploring the Advances in Electric Mobility' aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the various aspects of electric mobility, from technological advancements to environmental sustainability, and their potential to reshape our future. During this session, presenters, experts, and invited speakers will share their knowledge and experiences, discussing the latest trends, innovations, and challenges in the field of electric mobility including the significant advantages of electric vehicles, such as reduced emissions, enhanced energy efficiency, and improved air quality, amongst many others contributing to a greener and cleaner future.
Whether the participants are industry professionals, environmental enthusiasts, or simply curious about the future of transportation, this session on electric mobility will provide them with a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments, challenges, and opportunities in this exciting field. The session aspires to give a sharp focus on the Sri Lankan Electric Mobility scenario.
This is an excellent opportunity to present and publish your findings where all accepted and presented full papers are to be submitted for publication to the IEEE Xplore. This special session will consider original research papers and reviews including,but not limited to:
- Electric vehicle (EV) technology advancements
- Battery technologies and Charging infrastructure for EVs
- Energy management and optimization for EVs
- Electric vehicle-grid integration and smart charging
- Likelihood of strong participation
- Environmental impact and sustainability of electric mobility
- Policy and regulatory frameworks for promoting electric mobility
- Electrification of public transportation systems (e.g., buses, trams, trains)
Organizers: Centre for Intelligent Transport Systems (CITS), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Prof. J.M.S.J. Bandara (Senior Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa)
- Dr. A. G. T. Sugathapala (Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa)
Extended Deadline: 21st July 2023
MERCon solicits research papers describing significant and innovative research contributions in all disciplines of engineering regular tracks including Big Data, Machine Learning, and Cloud Computing, Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation, Chemical and Process Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Electronics Control and Instrumentation, Engineering Mathematics and Statistics, Image vision and Signal processing, Internet of Things and Applications, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Systems, Micro/Nano Electro Mechanical Systems, Mechatronics, and Micromechatronics, Mining and Earth Resources Engineering, Power Systems, Electrical Machines, and High Voltage Engineering, Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Software Engineering, Sustainable Energy, Technology Management, Textile and Apparel and Transport and Logistics.
Special Session Proposal Submission
- Title of the special session
- Relevance of the workshop to the engineering disciplines
- Interest in the community on the importance of technical topic in concern
- Novelty in comparison to other conference forums
- Likelihood of strong participation
- Strength of the profile of researchers
- Confirmation program committee members
- Profiles of the keynote speaker or a tutorial presenter
- Letters of support/ email confirmations from colleagues / researchers indicating their interest and intent to participate in this workshop
The organizers will be track chairs for the proposed special session. Accepted special sessions will be opened for submission and the submitted papers will be peer reviewed as in regular papers. At least there should be four accepted papers to appear it in the conference program.
Deadline: 31st May 2023
Submit your proposals to Special Session Chair below:
- Dr. Chamira Edussooriya : email@example.com